Supreme Court of the United States:
* Louis Brandeis, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1916–1939.
* Stephen G. Breyer, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1994–present.
* Benjamin N. Cardozo, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1932–1938.
* Abe Fortas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1965–1969.
* Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1939–1962
* Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1993–present.
* Arthur J. Goldberg, U.S. Supreme Court Justice 1962–1965.
Activists and scholars:
* Gloria Allred (1941–) lawyer and radio talk show host
* Thomas Buergenthal, U.S. judge on the International Court of Justice
* Alan Dershowitz, U.S. lawyer, Professor Harvard Law School, popular author
* Arthur Lehman Goodhart, jurist
* Judith Kaye, first female Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals
* Alex Kozinski, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit judge and popular essayist
* William Kunstler, U.S. lawyer famous for defending controversial "radical" clients such as the "Chicago Seven" protesters of the 1968 Democratic National Convention.
* Samuel Leibowitz, lawyer, defender of the Scottsboro Boys.
* Edward Levi, U.S. Attorney General 1975–77
* Nathan Lewin, Prominent Jewish advocate; argued many first amendment, establishment clause-related cases before the Supreme Court.
* Martin Lipton, U.S. leading business lawyer corporate mergers
* Julian Mack, Early 20th Century United States Circuit Court of Appeals Judge.
* Stanley Mosk, U.S. jurist, California Supreme Court Justice and Attorney General
* Peter Neufeld, Innocence Project
* Barry Scheck, Co-founder of the Innocence Project, defense lawyer for O.J. Simpson.
* Eliot Spitzer, Former Governor and former Attorney General of New York
* Horace Stern, first Jewish justice on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, was later elevated to Chief Justice. Founded the law firm of Wolf, Block, Schorr & Solis-Cohen
* Laurence H. Tribe, Professor of Law, Harvard University
* Eugene Volokh, Professor of Law, UCLA
* Ben Brafman, attorney for Sean Combs, Michael Jackson.
* Marcia Clark, prosecutor in the trial of O.J. Simpson.
* Roy Cohn, chief attorney for Joseph McCarthy
* Bertram Fields (1929–) Harvard-trained lawyer, famous for his work in the field of entertainment law.
* Ed Koch, Judge on The People's Court and former mayor of New York.
* Scooter Libby, former Vice Presidential Chief of Staff
* Robert Shapiro, U.S. lawyer, known for the trial of O.J. Simpson.
* Jerry Sheindlin, television judge, husband of Judith Sheindlin, former New York State Supreme Court justice.
* Judith Sheindlin, former New York family court judge, host of Judge Judy.
* Joseph Wapner, judge on The People's Court.